Claims for Compensation

Road Traffic Collisions

If you've been involved in a road traffic collision that wasn't your fault, we can help you to claim for compensation not only in respect of personal injuries you may have sustained but also to claim back any uninsured losses such as for vehicle damage, hire car costs, a loss of insurance excess, depreciation in value of your vehicle or loss of earnings if you required to take time off work as a result of your injuries.

What to do if you are involved in a road traffic collision...

  • Stop immediately as failure to remain at the scene of an accident is a criminal offence
  • Report the incident to police
  • Exchange details with the other driver/drivers regardless of where you feel fault lies. By law you are obliged to exchange the following: name, address, vehicle registration number, details of the vehicle owner if not you and the name of your motor insurer and policy number if known

If you or anyone has been injured you should seek assistance and support from the emergency services.

If safe to do so take photographs of the accident location, position of the vehicles and damage to the vehicles.

Report the incident to your own motor insurer regardless of fault or whether you intend to claim for personal injury or vehicle damage.

Contact MSM Law to discuss your options as soon as possible.

Work related injuries

Your employer is under a duty to provide you with a safe place of work. Accidents can happen in the workplace for many reasons such as inadequate training, defective work equipment and a failure to provide appropriate personal protective equipment.

If you've been involved in an accident at work of any nature contact our specialists to discuss whether you would be entitled to claim for compensation. You may also be entitled to claim for loss of earnings if you required to take time off work as a result of your injuries.

Slips, trips and falls in public places

Many different types of accidents take place in public places. Examples include slipping on wet floors in shopping centres, tripping due to an uneven footpath, falls due to potholes in a road surface.

If you've had an accident in a public place and think you might be entitled to compensation arrange to meet with our specialists to discuss the circumstances in further detail.

Industrial Disease

Some industrial diseases such as asbestos exposure, noise induced hearing loss, carpal tunnel syndrome, vibration white finger can take many years for symptoms to manifest and become apparent but that doesn't necessarily prevent you from claiming for compensation.

If you suffer from an industrial disease and think it may have been caused by a current or past employment please contact us to discuss the circumstances in further detail.

Medical Negligence

Owing to the volume and complexity of issues involved in these cases, please contact our specialist medical negligence solicitor to see if you have an actionable case. Please also see the Medical Negligence website section.

Fatal Accidents

We appreciate that the unexpected death of a family member due to an accident is an extremely challenging time emotionally but may also have huge financial implications.

Talk to one of our specialists to see if we can be of any assistance through this difficult time and assist you with any financial claims arising from a fatal accident.

Claims for Compensation

Call us
028 9032 1409

Paul Sweeney

View Profile